SCHRADERGROUP Seeks a Director of Business Development and Communications
Position: Director of Business Development & Communications
SCHRADERGROUP architecture LLC is a full-service firm offering architectural, planning, programming, interior design, and structural engineering design services for a variety of project types, with specific expertise in the areas of academic and public safety facility design. Founded in 2004 and providing services from offices in Philadelphia and Lancaster, SCHRADERGROUP is recognized both locally and nationally for design that offers the highest degree of service to the user, responds to and respects both the built and natural environment, and demonstrates inspired aesthetics.
SCHRADERGROUP seeks a Director of Business Development & Communications to join the team in our Manayunk office. The position calls for a self-motivated and flexible team leader to work with Senior Leadership to provide Business Development and Communications for the firm. The candidate must be a team player, capable of working with Senior Leadership to promote the SCHRADERGROUP values, must possess strong attention to detail, be able to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, must be prepared to travel locally and possibly regionally, must be able to work with deadlines and time constraints, and must be able to schedule workload to meet deadlines. The candidate must also exhibit excellent writing skills.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- In consultation with Senior Management, lead the development and implementation of business development strategies and plans that will position the firm for growth and profitability locally and nationally in our market sectors
- Work with Senior Management to create an annual strategic sales growth plan
- Identify key opportunities. Develop and implement a strategy for work procurement consistent with SCHRADERGROUP’s values
- Draw on team members of the firm to assemble the best teams specific to work and client types.
- Oversee the Business Development Team to prepare proposals and take the lead in partnership and consultant engagement
- Supporting the business development function by identifying and developing new business and partnership/client opportunities
- Provide guidance on cost/pricing strategy for the proposals in consultation with Senior Leadership
- Manage, build, and strengthen strategic partnerships through active networking, advocacy, and effective communication of SCHRADERGROUP’s competencies in project design, delivery, and management
- Work closely with the Business Development team (including Marketing Coordinator and Graphic Designer) to ensure lessons learned from prior proposals is included in all proposal work going forth
- Develop communication strategies to maximize communication impact and outreach. Continue to build awareness of SCHRADERGROUP’s competencies to future clients and partners
- Maintain/enhance the reputation of the company and carry forth the SCHRADERGROUP values in everything we do
- Keep abreast of and incorporate best practices, approaches, and technology to enhance the effectiveness of business development efforts
- Report activities and results quarterly and at year-end
- Organize, plan, and oversee key events, trade shows, and marketing initiatives
- Organize, plan, and oversee the content of key social media platforms
Candidate must demonstrate the following:
- An interest in working with Senior Leadership to further SCHRADERGROUP’s growth
- Ability to lead and to work as part of a team to accomplish goals and meet deadlines
- Proven capabilities in developing business strategies and directing their implementation.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and respectfully both verbally and in writing.
- Client-focused attitude
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent skills in proofreading, editing, and writing
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and responsiveness, with excellent time management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines and shift priorities when needed
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, planning, and skills
- Ability to adapt to new and/or unplanned situations to meet the dynamic needs of the firm.
- Applicant should have a minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience for a professional services firm (design firm preferred) in the preparation of marketing and sales materials in response to RFP situations
- Minimum of 2 years managing a Business Development team with a successful record of growth
- Knowledge of/experience in the architecture/engineering or related industry and the RFP and RFQ process is a plus.
- A BA/BS degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, or a related discipline is preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Adobe CS and MS Office, strong skills using InDesign, and other graphic programs
SCHRADERGROUP offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with your level of knowledge and experience including health and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, 401k, and bonus structure.
To express interest, please forward a resume to: