Athletic Campus, Phoenixville Area School District
The Phoenxiville Area School District acquired a site with the intention of developing an Early Learning Center and Elementary School as well as providing for a much needed expansion of their district-wide athletic facilities. To that point in time, the District was unable to accommodate all District athletic needs using existing facilities, so were required to bus students to non-district owned venues. This solution creates an overall consolidated athletic campus that satisfies the needs of the District’s sports teams and physical education program.
The new athletic campus includes:
- Tennis courts
- Competition baseball and softball fields including dugouts, bullpens and bleachers
- Turf multi-purpose fields including competition soccer, lacrosse and field hockey
- Various additional multi-purpose fields
- Walking path throughout site for community use
- Parking shared between the Early Learning Center and the athletic facilities
The turf, creating a field environment free of mud and green year-round, yielded a great benefit by extending the utility of the fields. Looking to the future, the project also included the installation of utilities to the middle of the baseball/softball field complex to allow for the later inclusion of concession stands.